DarbyTech's Hands-On Process Operation Skills Trainer
Whilst there is a place for simulation and virtual reality in training, nothing will replace the ability to work on a real live process plant. The ever-increasing demands placed on industry associated with production pressures and health and safety legislation can be inhibitive for “hands on learning” as the plant is no place to practise, and mistakes can be expensive and more seriously extremely dangerous, both to individuals and the environment.
DarbyTech’s Hands-On Process Operator Skills Trainer is a substantial “stepping-stone” on the route to competence. Our trainer is designed with apprentices and further education college students in mind. The HPOST provides an ideal environment for “hands on” learning experience, with the ability to enable students to gain confidence, see the processes operated with the equipment, plant, instrumentation, and control as be found in industry.
Equipment Specification Highlights:
- Heat Exchangers
- Various types of Piping
- Orifice Plates
- Utility Hose Hook ups
10 Different Types of Valves:
Example Data Sheets:
The system is designed to circulate water throughout the various equipment in a closed loop using hand-controlled valves to maintain normal tank levels.
The Operator Skills Trainer will utilize different types of valves and piping, including see through plastic piping to allow students to verify flows throughout system.
The shell and tube heat exchangers are transparent to provide a visual representation of how heat exchangers work.
- Learning Station 1 Charge Tanks, Charge Pumps and Rundown Tanks
- Learning station 2 Hand Control Valve and Filters
- Learning Station 3 Cooling Water Tank, Cooling Water Pump and Heat Exchangers
With add on portable workstations linked to each side to provide:
- Learning Station 4 Piping, Valves, Flanges, Gaskets, Blinds and Orifice Plates (*)
- Learning Station 5. Utility Hose Fittings and Hook Ups (*)
- Learning Station 6. Sampling Station
As well as further options including:
- Learning Station 7 Calibration Bench
- Caged Ladder
- Confined Space
20 In-depth data sheets are included to give students additional learning material. The data sheets explore the different types of valves, meters, filters and heat exchangers that come with the HPOST.
Includes a comprehensive learning system, with content and format based on that what would be found within the process, oil & gas and energy sectors.
• Lock out tag out procedures (LOTO)
• Standard operating Procedures (SOP)
• Learning station skills instructions (LSI)
• Maintenance work requests (MWR)
• Safety check lists / risk assessments
• Process & Instrument diagrams (P&ID) at each learning station
• Operational user manual
For more information, please get in touch today!