Heat Exchanger Demonstrator
The heat exchanger demonstrator consists of two heat exchangers with associated temperature indicators, flow indicators and a temperature indicating controller. A valve is provided to reverse the tube-side flow direction. The two exchangers are of similar surface area but with unique design features.
- Single pass shell and tube exchanger brass
- Plate exchanger with stainless steel plates
Equipment Specification Highlights:
- Process water flow rate is controlled with flow meters and manual control valve
- Cooling water flow is controlled with PID controller and control valve based on process discharge temperature
- Temperature measurement of inlet and discharge waters
- A valve is provided to reverse the tube-side flow direction.
- Mounted on a cart for ease of movement and storage
- Approximate overall dimensions: 80 x 45 x 120 cm high (32" x 18" x 48" high)
- Available in all world voltages / frequencies (customer to specify electrical power available on-site) (Single-phase electrical power (except Closed Loop option which requires 3-phase power)
- Pneumatic or electric modulating solenoid control valve
- Closed loop process (hot) water circuit using an electric heater and circulation pump
The exchanger demonstrator is connected to hot and cool tap water. Process (hot) water flow is manually controlled. Cooling water flow may be either manually controlled or automatically controlled to a selected process temperature set-point. Trainees select exchanger type, flow direction and flow rate then read and record the flows and temperatures for further analysis.
For detailed technical information about specific DarbyTech Training Equipment, including pricing for budgeting purposes or a quotation, please complete and submit this information: