Horizontal and Vertical Separator Demonstrator
The three-phase separator demonstration apparatus is a small-scale vessel that performs continuous separation of a mixture of oil, air, and water. It is available in horizontal and vertical orientations. The primary separation operation for crude oil occurs when the crude stream flows through a vessel of sufficient capacity to allow gravity separation of the gas, liquid hydrocarbon, and water phases. This trainer includes a clear horizontal primary separator vessel. The process has manual control valves with rotameters and is intended to demonstrate oilfield separation principles with basic visual/manual operation.
This process trainer blends air, water, and refined oil to emulate a crude oil stream. This fluid mixture then flows into a separator vessel fabricated of clear materials. The oil and water are recycled; the air is vented into the atmosphere.
- Continuously variable flow (hand valves)
- Working fluids air, water, and oil
- Equipment Specification Highlights:
- Clear PVC horizontal vessel and process piping
- Vertical uses simplex weir, horizontal uses duplex weir configuration
- 300 x 600 mm (12" x 24" dia.) separator
- Two centrifugal pumps for water and oil
- Regenerative air blower
- Oil and water storage tanks
- Complete unit mounted on a utility-size cart for ease of movement and storage
- Approximate overall dimensions: 80 x 60 x 120 cm high (32"x 24"x 48" high)
- Available in all world voltages/frequencies (customer to specify electrical power available on-site)
For detailed technical information about specific DarbyTech Training Equipment, including pricing for budgeting purposes or a quotation, please complete and submit this information: