Our highly skilled and experienced professionals design and build equipment that optimizes your training investment.
Product Development and Design
D. Roy Barker, P.Eng. is the President and Chief Engineer of DarbyTech Training Equipment Inc. He has over 39 years experience as an engineer, project manager and educator including:
Roy’s is recognized as one of the leading Canadian professionals involved in the design of training facilities, as well as providing instructional services for the oil and gas industry and their related operations / maintenance personnel.
- Twenty-six years experience developing, delivering and managing technical and vocational education and training programs for the energy industry worldwide
- Design, specification, assembly and supply of process training laboratory equipment to 10 technical institutions, 3 universities and 4 corporate training centers
- Design, specification, assembly and testing of pilot plant scale-up of research projects
- Design and project management of customized training programs for plant operations and field personnel of multinational oil and gas companies
- Feasibility studies and engineering of renewable energy projects e.g. wind, solar-thermal, photovoltaic, micro-hydro, and bio-gasification
- Project planning and proposal writing for training and community development projects
- Engineering and operational management of natural gas processing facilities
Based in Calgary, Canada, he has been involved in projects in Australia, Angola, Brazil, Canada, Congo (Zaire), Dubai, Equatorial Guinea, Guyana, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Assembly and Commissioning
Dave Siemens is our associate master electrician with prime responsibility for electrical and instrumentation wiring of our equipment projects since 1995. His dual expertise as an electrical instructor and master electrician ensure that functionality is foremost and that the trainers are in compliance with applicable electrical codes.
Steve Shutt is DarbyTech’s associate purchasing and assembly technician responsible for materials acquisition and assembly. He has provided hands-on assembly services as well as on-site assistance to DarbyTech since the company’s inception.
Other Associates: We draw on a roster of Associates with related expertise as needed for each project.
Jan Knowles, MA, Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP), Certified Program Planner (CPP) is a Senior Partner and VP of Operations for DarbyTech Training Equipment Inc. She has over 29 years experience serving as a consultant, project manager and director on local, national and international level development projects, a Director for industry training services, is a former College Dean and Executive Director for a bi-national Academic institute. Where training is a means of achieving corporate and organizational goals, Jan works closely with training managers and industry professionals to ensure their objectives are focused and applied. Based in Calgary, Canada, she has been involved in vocational education and industry training projects in Canada, Chile, China, India, Pakistan, Vietnam, Korea, South Africa, United Arab Emirates and Kuwait. She has also served in leadership roles for many non-profit organizations in Canada and is known for her organizational design and expertise on board governance.