Heat Exchanger Demonstrator
Model Series: HE-30 Description:
The heat exchanger demonstrator consists of two heat exchangers with associated temperature indicators, flow indicators and a temperature indicating controller. A valve is provided to reverse the tube-side flow direction. The two exchangers are of similar surface area but with unique design features.
- Single pass shell and tube exchanger brass
- Plate exchanger with stainless steel plates
Temperature and flow data obtained can be used to calculate energy balance, heat transfer and heat transfer coefficients. Function:
The exchanger demonstrator is connected to hot and cool tap water. Process (hot) water flow is manually controlled. Cooling water flow may be either manually controlled or automatically controlled to a selected process temperature set-point. Trainees select exchanger type, flow direction and flow rate then read and record the flows and temperatures for further analysis. Equipment Specification Highlights:
- Process water flow rate is controlled with flow meters and manual control valve
- Cooling water flow is controlled with PID controller and control valve based on process discharge temperature
- Temperature measurement of inlet and discharge waters
- A valve is provided to reverse the tube-side flow direction.
- Mounted on a cart for ease of movement and storage
- Approximate overall dimensions 80 x 45 x 120 cm high (32 x 18 x 48 high)
- Available in all world voltages / frequencies (customer to specify electrical power available on-site) (Single-phase electrical power (except Closed Loop option which requires 3-phase power)
- Pneumatic or electric modulating solenoid control valve
- Closed loop process (hot) water circuit using an electric heater and circulation pump